Old January 24th 08, 05:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky

Default Outlook 2007 filter on send by the From: field?

category might be the easiest... add a category when you create the message.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

"Nathan H" wrote in message
Thanks for the info, but you missed a key point. I realize that the
"specified account" is not where my problem is. If I was not on an
Exchange server I could use it to do what I want (filter messages based on
which email address I was sending as).

As far as I can tell, the "from people or distribution list" or "with
specific words in the sender's address" conditions apply ONLY to incoming
messages, not to messages I send.

I am changing the FROM field in a message I send to a different user.
When I hit SEND I want the filter to look at the FROM field of that
message and filter on it, so I need to start with a blank rule to "Check
messages after sending", but there is no "from people" there, only "to
people".

I thought there might be a way around this without putting some sort of
trigger in the body or subject line.

Thanks!

Nathan