Old January 23rd 08, 11:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Nathan H

Default Outlook 2007 filter on send by the From: field?

Thanks for the info, but you missed a key point. I realize that the "specified account" is not where my problem is. If I was not on an Exchange server I could use it to do what I want (filter messages based on which email address I was sending as).

As far as I can tell, the "from people or distribution list" or "with specific words in the sender's address" conditions apply ONLY to incoming messages, not to messages I send.

I am changing the FROM field in a message I send to a different user. When I hit SEND I want the filter to look at the FROM field of that message and filter on it, so I need to start with a blank rule to "Check messages after sending", but there is no "from people" there, only "to people".

I thought there might be a way around this without putting some sort of trigger in the body or subject line.

Thanks!

Nathan