Old November 20th 07, 04:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Terry Bridges

Default Outlook 2k7 prompts for Choose Profile on Send

I just upgraded Office 2k3 to Off2k7 including Outlook on an XP-SP2 system.
The upgrade was clean and successful. Outlook found my exchange server and
correctly connects me to my mailbox. Not in cached mode and no pst file.

Control panel/Mail is configured to always start with a default profile
which has been newly created under OL2k7.

The problem: Whenever I "send" (new message or reply) I get a "Choose
profile" dialog showing my profile, from this point several different results
can be experienced.
1) Click Cancel - message is sent
2) Click OK - Outlook hangs and must be killed by TM
3) Click Options to expand and show - the options are a) Set as default and
b) Show logon screens for all information services ...Checking a) results
same as (2) checking (b) results in message sent correctly.

I have uninstalled OL2k7 and reinstalled w/o any changes in results. I have
OFF2k7 installed and running on a "vista laptop" w/o this problem.

Any Ideas would be appreciated.....
Terry
--
Terry