Old October 27th 07, 07:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

Default Cannot send mails from gmail account

The error message says
'530 5.5.1 Authentication Required'

which means that you haven't specified SMTP Authentication in OE for
that account. In OE this is specified in Tools, Accounts, Mail,
Properties, Servers, Outgoing Mail Server, My Server Requires
Authentication. Or you don't have the correct values on the SETTINGS
button there.

"Mohsin" wrote in message
everything is fine...it used to work nicely for past one year...
but suddenly it stopped sending mails....my other gmail accounts
configured with outlook are working fine
"Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" wrote in
message ...
"Mohsin" wrote in message
i am not able to send mails from my gmail account....although i am
able to recieve mails from the account..
while sending it shows the following error
"The message could not be sent because the server rejected the
sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was
'. Subject '', Account: 'Gmail', Server:
'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 5.5.1
Authentication Required k2sm8463050rvb', Port: 465, Secure(SSL):
Yes, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78"

Did you activate POP service on Gmail?
Did you save the change?
Are all the security settings correct?
See Gmail: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=13276