Old September 18th 07, 03:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default Advanced Search Criteria - Dynamic Date Range

On Sep 17, 10:08 pm, "Diane Poremsky" wrote:
today - 45 seems to work on the modified date. (I moved to a new server less
than 45 days ago and had to use today - 5 - but noticed it found older items
that I moved within the last 5 days, but not every thing I imported.)

45 days ago seems to work correctly.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com

wrote in message

ups.com...

I am attempting to create a Search Folder that will show all e-mails
received over 45 days ago. I am having a devil of a time trying to
figure out how to specify this in the Advanced Search Criteria. If I
put the field 'Sent' with condition 'on or before' and the value of
'8/3/2007' it returns the correct list of messages. Since 8/3/2007
will only be valid on the date 9/17/2007 I was trying to put
something in the value field that would be dynamic. I have tried
'now-45', 'today-45','dateadd("d",-45,now', and
'dateadd("d",-45,today)' . None of these return the correct set of
messages. I have searched the web and I get some reasonably simple
examples but nothing relating to dynamic dates.

Any ideas? Can this even be done?

Thanks for any insight that can be provided.

Mike

Diane,

I just tried it again and it still shows no messages when I use 'today
- 45' and ALL messages when I use 'today - 30'. I am using Outlook
2003 SP2 against an Exchange 2003 server. Funny thing while
experimenting, I found that if I put 'today - 7' in the value field it
returns everything created on or before 9/7/2007, if I put 'today -
10' it returns everything created on or before 9/10/2007, but if I
put 'today - 1' it returns everything 8/31/2007 and older. I am
getting REAL confused here. Does this process take place completely
on the client or does it get Exchange involved?

I also tried it on my personal laptop running Office 2007 against an
SMTP/POP3 mail system and get the same thing.

thanks

Mike