Old September 11th 07, 04:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Dan

Default Outlook adding extra line breaks in emails

I've noticed that does it but is there any way that I can make that the
default? That method seems to work best in all rendering situations and I was
hoping it was some setting or registry tweak.
-Dan

"Diane Poremsky" wrote:

it's caused by differences in html rendering in web-based email. try
shift+enter twice instead of just enter if it bugs you.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

"Dan" wrote in message
Hi-
This has been a problem for me for the past couple years with Outlook
2002,
2003 and now 2007. When I write emails to people and hit Enter, Outlook
shows
me the cursor dropping one line (without a space in between). When I want
space between my paragraphs I have to hit Enter twice. Seems simple
enough.

However, when I see replies coming back to me and when I have seen my
email
in other systems (mostly web based as far as I can tell: Hotmail, Gmail,
etc.) there are always double the number of line spaces. For instance, if
press Enter twice in order to see a space between paragraphs, to them it
looks like I have hit Enter 4 times.

Can anyone help with what might be causing this and how I can fix this? It
is really annoying that this is happening.

Thanks!
-Dan