Old September 11th 07, 02:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Dan

Default Outlook adding extra line breaks in emails

Hi-
This has been a problem for me for the past couple years with Outlook 2002,
2003 and now 2007. When I write emails to people and hit Enter, Outlook shows
me the cursor dropping one line (without a space in between). When I want a
space between my paragraphs I have to hit Enter twice. Seems simple enough.

However, when I see replies coming back to me and when I have seen my email
in other systems (mostly web based as far as I can tell: Hotmail, Gmail,
etc.) there are always double the number of line spaces. For instance, if I
press Enter twice in order to see a space between paragraphs, to them it
looks like I have hit Enter 4 times.

Can anyone help with what might be causing this and how I can fix this? It
is really annoying that this is happening.

Thanks!
-Dan