Old August 2nd 07, 06:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
LurfysMa

Default Best way to save emails to DVD

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 16:46:02 -0500, "Vanguard"
wrote:

"LurfysMa" wrote in message
.. .

I did several searches in the /Clients folder and moved those emails
to a /Court folder. I have 472 items so far.

I then selected that folder (/Clients) and copied the contents (472
items) to a temporary folder. (I don't have any blank DVDs at the
moment to test with.) It now contains 472 items with an extension of
".msg".

When I double-click on any of those items, they open up in some kind
of an Outlook browser. If I open them with Notepad, they display with
a lot of unprintable characters.

--
Office 2007 Pro on WinXP

Don't have OL2007. In OL2002, use the "File - Import and Export" menu
to export to a file. Pick a format usable to you outside of Outlook,
like CSV (comma-separated values) which is a text file that, for
example, you can open in Notepad or Excel.

OK, that worked, sort of. I got all 500+ emails in a single flat file
that is readable using Notepad.

Is there some way that I can get each email in a separate file, maybe
with a .txt or .dat extension, containing just the text of the email
inclding the header. Extra credit if the filename is the time stamp
when sent.

--
Office 2007 Pro on WinXP