Old August 1st 07, 03:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
LurfysMa

Default Best way to save emails to DVD

What's the best way to save a bunch of emails to CD or DVD so that
they can be browsed or searched by someone who may not have Outlook
installed.

I have been required by the Court to produce a copy of all of the
emails in a case I have been working on. There are probably 400-500
emails in that case and they are buried in a /Clients folder
containing almost 10,000 items.

I did several searches in the /Clients folder and moved those emails
to a /Court folder. I have 472 items so far.

I then selected that folder (/Clients) and copied the contents (472
items) to a temporary folder. (I don't have any blank DVDs at the
moment to test with.) It now contains 472 items with an extension of
".msg".

When I double-click on any of those items, they open up in some kind
of an Outlook browser. If I open them with Notepad, they display with
a lot of unprintable characters.

It looks like I was able to get the emails to a place where I could
easily copy them to a DVD. Now all I need to do in make sure they are
in a format that anyone can view.

Is it likely that any PC (such as at the Court) would have software on
it that could view these emails?

--
Office 2007 Pro on WinXP