Old July 16th 07, 08:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Gordon

Default Contacts not showing up in Address Book

Raz wrote:
I am having trouble getting my Contacts in Outlook 2003 to appear in the
Address book. I had to format my machine and then I import my old pst file. I
can see the contacts and everything under the contacts tab but not in the
address book. I know there is an option in the properties of the Contact
where I can see it to show this folder as an email Address Book but it is
greyed out. What have I done wrong?

Importing the pst file was the mistake. Why not import?

(Courtesy of Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook])

Importing an entire PST may well corrupt your profile and may create a
ghost
PST that you can't close. Importing PST's will lose:
1. Custom Forms
2. Custom Views
3. Connections between contacts and activities
4. Received dates on mail
5. Birthdays and anniversaries in calendar
6. Journal connections
7. Distribution Lists

Opening a PST file will preserve all of these. That is why we do not advise
people to import a native file into Outlook.

You may well have a corrupt profile. Create a new one and the do (in
Outlook) File-Open-Outlook Data File. You can then either set that file
as the default location or copy the data over to the new file created by
the new Profile.

HTH