Old June 3rd 07, 10:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
kzack88

Default Outlook 2007 starts but hangs up in configuration process

I was moving data from an old Dell computer (XP) to my new Dell computer
(Vista) using the transfer utility. For the most part, everything seemed to
transfer fine, except when I open Outlook, it hangs up when trying to import
the Business Contact information. I get a status bar window that says
"Finalizing Business Contact Manager for Outlook configuration." The status
bar is almost full (meaning it looks almost done) but then Outlook becomes
"Not Responding." The rest of my e-mails and folders seems to have migrated
fine, but I can't get past this one part to use my Outlook.

I opened Outlook in safe mode and was able to use it and changed the BCM
database to a new one, rather than trying to use an existing one, but when I
started Outlook in regular mode, it just did the same thing as before.

Thank you for any help you can provide!