Old May 22nd 07, 02:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Default Stationery GPO Control - Outlook 2003/2007

I researched this for my "Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003" book. There are several steps you need to take:

1) Create a NewStationery value in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Offi ce\11.0\Common\MailSettings key and leave it blank to prevent users from choosing any default stationery. You can create a new .adm file if you want to add that setting to the group policy editor.

2) Use the group policy editor to disable certain toolbar commands in both Outlook and Word:

Outlook

Actions | New Message Using More Stationery 5611

Word

Format Background 30403
Format Theme 3623
Format | Background Standard Colors 3224
Format | Background More Colors 2857
Format | Background Fill Effects 2858
Format | Background Printed Watermark 4003
View HTML Source 3902

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"-_-" wrote in message ...
I am starting here only so please feel free to direct me to better
newsgroups.

I would like to use a Group Policy to constrain users to a simple (read
no stationery besides basic edit pane) and clean look. Googling shows a
*few* options in the policy controls and one result suggested denying
permissions to each user to their [own] folder. Lastly, even running a
script to delete all of the stationery that does exist on our corporate LAN.

Is there a more elegant method? One that would more embrace the methods
and means offered by Group Policy in the first place.

But I will consider and thank all responses.

-_-