Old March 1st 07, 12:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
[email protected]

Default Incorrect display order in contact and new email

On Mar 1, 9:33 am, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]"
wrote:
I suspect that if you examine the sort order field you specified for a
Contact that does not appear to sort correctly, you will be able to solve
your problem. We certainly can't from the limited information you've
provided.
--
Russ Valentine
wrote in message

oups.com...

On Feb 28, 10:14 pm, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]"
wrote:
Then you would set the sort order for the Outlook Address Book he
Tools E-mail accounts View or change existing directories or address
books Outlook Address Book Change.
--
Russ Valentine
wrote in message

roups.com...

On Feb 28, 1:30 pm, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]"
wrote:
What do I mean by Outlook version? OK. Pick from the following List:
Outlook 97
Outlook 98 IMO
Outlook 98 Corp/Workgroup
Outlook 2000 IMO
Outlook 2000 Corp/Workgroup
Outlook 2002
Outlook 2003
Outlook 2007

Those are the 8 versions of Outlook in use. None is the same as the
others.
That's why it matters.
--
Russ Valentine
wrote in message

roups.com...

On Feb 28, 12:13 pm, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]"
wrote:
Your Outlook version is in play, and you failed to post it.
--
Russ Valentine
wrote in message

groups.com...

Hi,

When I send a new email I click on TO: to get an address from my
contacts for some users it displays surname and then first name
for
all others it shows the correct order ie first name then last
name
if
I go to contatcts all field for both users are the same ( ie
file
as , display as etc ).

Any Ideas ?

When we click on TO: where and how does it get the address from ?

Regards- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the Reply Please Explain. What do you mean ?

Regards- Hide quoted text -

My Outlook is outlook 2003 and connected to exchange 2003- Hide quoted
text -

There is nothing wrong with 99% of the entries which shows the correct
order when I click on new email and TO: to get the address book only
1% of my contects shows the wrong orders and threst of them are all in
correct order. but If I go to contacts they are all set in the same
order.- Hide quoted text -

I don't think there is anything wrong with sort order, I thing there
might be an issue with indexing or how (new email then TO ) reads
fields from contacts.any ideas ?