Old February 16th 07, 03:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
ACK

Default Outlook 2007 will not open SharePoint 2007 task assignment messages

Got the hotfix. It worked like a charm!

It took a while though as the tech rep was insistent that KB article 930807
did not exist. I was equally insistent, and eventually won :-)

Thanks again Diane!

"ACK" wrote in message
Thanks Diane. This certainly sounds like my exact problem. I'll give MS
Support a call tomorrow.

Thanks!!

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote in message
You cannot open a SharePoint Server 2007 notification message in Outlook
2007 when your mailbox is on an Exchange 2003 server
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=930807

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

"ACK" wrote in message
I am unable to open an Office SharePoint Server 2007 task assignment
message in Outlook 2007. The preview pane shows completely blank (no
headers or anything) and double clicking the message gives the error
message "cannot open this item."

The message opens up fine in Outlook 2003 and OWA.

Thoughts?