Old February 4th 07, 04:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Kuay Tim

Default How do I share an Outlook Express address book with other users

Hi Martin,

Have you tried using the shared contacts folder in the Windows Address Book?
More information about its use is in the address book help file.

--
Tim K.
aka Kuay Tim
"Martin C" wrote in message
I have a PC that is running Windows XP Home SP2.

I have currently set up the mail emailing account to be shared between my
wife's account and mine, by placing all the dbx files in the C:\Documents
and Settings\All Users\Documents\Outlook Express directory.

For some reason, we each have our own address book in the respective
directories
C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Microsoft\Address
Book

I had assumed that I just need to put the address book wab file into the
respective All Users section, but this does not have the Address Book
directory included.

Do I just create one and copy the wab file to this new directory and then
delete our own individual ones or will this cause problems? I could try it,
but I wanted to make sure first before starting on something I might regret.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Martin