Old February 4th 07, 04:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Martin C

Default How do I share an Outlook Express address book with other users

I have a PC that is running Windows XP Home SP2.

I have currently set up the mail emailing account to be shared between my
wife's account and mine, by placing all the dbx files in the C:\Documents
and Settings\All Users\Documents\Outlook Express directory.

For some reason, we each have our own address book in the respective
directories
C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Microsoft\Address
Book

I had assumed that I just need to put the address book wab file into the
respective All Users section, but this does not have the Address Book
directory included.

Do I just create one and copy the wab file to this new directory and then
delete our own individual ones or will this cause problems? I could try it,
but I wanted to make sure first before starting on something I might regret.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Martin