Old January 12th 07, 12:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
BjornB

Default Hotmail suppresses all junkmail

The "some hours" turned into a week unfortunately, but I figured I
needed the time to monitor the behaviour.
I tested the "exclusive" filtering for the first time. Mail from
unknown senders actually went to the junk folder, with no observed lost
mail, and then I turned on "enhanced" again.

Now for the weird thing. This seems to have kick-started the account so
now I actually occasionally receive junk in the junk folder. Less than
10 so far during the week, but this used to be exactly zero.
Of course it used to and should be _much_ more. I also have cases of
legit mails that never reached me, which I assume is caused by the junk
filter or virus filter.
So it still bugs me that the account doesn't behave as the
documentation and options suggests it should. I don't trust that I'm
receiving all legit mails (at least not those kinds that might be
mis-classified as junk).

(And yes, I have a normal http account, not pop3. I can see the junk
mail folder and its occasional contents.)

Bjorn

....winston wrote:

I assumed all along that your account was an http account..
Just in case: Note: If your account is an msn legacy pop3 account and you use OE or OL to retrieve mail with pop3 credentials instead of http settings((pop3 accounts can be retrieved via pop3 or http settings) then the junk mail folder will not be visible using pop3 credentials. The only way to see the junk mail folder is to use the web interface or remove the account and set it up as an http account.
...winston

"BjornB" wrote in message ups.com...
: Thanks for the info, Winston. Good to know that the junk mail folder is
: working for someone.
: I will test the "exclusive" setting for some hours. See what happens.
: Bjorn
:
: ...winston skrev:
:
: It works here...on three different passport accounts. Two of the three are much older accounts and get more junk than the other less used account.
:
: The exclusive setting was suggested only to test and see if non contacts were sent to the junk folder.
: ..winston