Old January 3rd 07, 11:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
BjornB

Default Hotmail suppresses all junkmail

Thanks for the info, Winston. Good to know that the junk mail folder is
working for someone.
I will test the "exclusive" setting for some hours. See what happens.
Bjorn

....winston skrev:

It works here...on three different passport accounts. Two of the three are much older accounts and get more junk than the other less used account.

The exclusive setting was suggested only to test and see if non contacts were sent to the junk folder.
..winston

"BjornB" wrote in message ups.com...
: Hello Winston.
: No, I haven't tried the exclusive setting. People should be able to
: email me. Granted, "contacts only" might be useful for kids and such.
:
: But most other settings have been changed repeatedly in a lame attempt
: to try to kick-start proper behaviour of my account.
: And removing my aforementioned custom filters seems not to help either.
:
: Direct question:
: Does the Junk-mail-folder actually work as intended for most people?
: Or is it just me that am bothered by (how it appears to me) that MS
: deletes alleged junk (and alleged viruses for that matter) so they
: don't have to store them.
:
:
: ...winston wrote:
:
: Have you tried to change the filter to exclusive and delete later so that all mail except from contacts goes to the junk folder.
: ..winston
:
: "BjornB" wrote in message ups.com...
: :I never see anything in the junk mail folder on www.hotmail.com, unless
: : it is the occasional spam from the Inbox that I have then marked as
: : such. These stick around in the junk mail folder until I delete them.
: : So this is how I know that nothing reaches the junk mail folder.
: :
: : My settings on www.hotmail.com are "delete later", that is move to junk
: : mail folder. It makes no difference whether I use the "obvious junk" or
: : "most junk" settings. The settings are verified as OK by MS support.
: :
: : I have set up a couple of custom filters through www.Hotmail, but those
: : are only for forcing mails to end up in Inbox (e.g. "everything from
: : ends-with .se"). But I'm not sure they're working as intended, so I
: : will now try to delete these in case they are messing things up. Will
: : followup if this fixes things.
: :
: