Old January 3rd 07, 12:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
David

Default SharePoint (WSS) 2007 / Outlook 2007 - Alert - Cannot open this item

Same problem with Task List alerting. Anyone have any ideas? Thx....

Sid@Work wrote:
Same problem here. No clue as to what is happening!

Harry Pfleger wrote:
We have setup a SharePoint Server (WSS) 2007 and are using the alerting functionality.
After we changes stuff on WSS, an alert message is generated and sent to an email account.
This e-mail account is hosted on an Exchange 2003 server.

When using Outlook 2007 to open the e-mail, we get:

Cannot open this item.

Wenn using OWA the e-mail can be opene fine.

Does somehow have an explanation for this behavior?

Thankx, Cheers Harry
------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C70E47.83B45950

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
HTMLHEAD
META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"
META content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16386" name=GENERATOR
STYLE/STYLE
/HEAD
BODY bgColor=#ffffff
DIVFONT size=2We have setup a SharePoint Server (WSS) 2007 and are using the
alerting functionality./FONT/DIV
DIVFONT size=2After we changes stuff on WSS, an alert message is generated
and sent to an email account./FONT/DIV
DIVFONT size=2This e-mail account is hosted on an Exchange 2003
server./FONT/DIV
DIVFONT size=2/FONT /DIV
DIVFONT size=2When using Outlook 2007 to open the e-mail, we
get:/FONT/DIV
DIVFONT size=2/FONT /DIV
DIVFONT size=2    Cannot open this item./FONT/DIV
DIVFONT size=2/FONT /DIV
DIVFONT size=2Wenn using OWA the e-mail can be opene fine./FONT/DIV
DIVFONT size=2/FONT /DIV
DIVFONT size=2Does somehow have an explanation for this
behavior?/FONT/DIV
DIVFONT size=2/FONT /DIV
DIVFONT size=2Thankx, Cheers Harry/FONT/DIV/BODY/HTML

------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C70E47.83B45950--