Old December 19th 06, 11:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

Default Message content replaced with "Message has not been downloaded

See:
Messages in Inbox or other mail folders disappear
http://www.insideoe.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgone
Recovering lost messages
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#4

The fix I referenced was for problems logging into Hotmail/MSN accounts,
not for POP3.

"Bill Norton" wrote in message
"Michael Santovec" wrote:
What kind of mail account is this?

If POP3, that would indicate a corrupted Inbox DBX file.

It's POP3, so most likely a corrupt DBX file, right?

Also, I dowloaded the fix that you suggested, and while it may have
fixed
the problem from happening in the future, it didn't bring my lost
email back.