Old December 6th 06, 06:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]

Default Help with mail forward to different users (round robin)

If it's the database talks sql, it could look like this:

update [table] set [field]=0 where [field]=1

--
Viele Gruesse / Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Am 5 Dec 2006 03:44:48 -0800 schrieb Bob:

Michael,

Thanks again for your help!
I've got the rule working, and now I'm back to the Round Robin part of
my application. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can reset the
1 value to 0 after all of the entries to the table have been set and
start over?

Bob

wrote:
Michael,

Thanks for your help!

Hopefully I can try and test this coming week.

Bob

Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
Yes, from OL 2002 on you can create a run-a-script-rule. For that the

script
must be declared like this:

Public MyScript(Mail as Outlook.MailItem)
..
End Sub

--
Viele Gruesse / Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Am 3 Nov 2006 04:19:56 -0800 schrieb :

Thanks for your response!

Could I write code in Outlook that would work with a rule? Ideally, I
would like the round robin to execute automatically when a lead

arrives
in the inbox. The application is using Outlook pop mail.

Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
A rule can respond messages but for an action just during the

business
hours
youŽd have to code that yourself.

The round robin is easy with an Access table: Add a column to the

table,
value of 1 indicates that the mail is sent. If all entries are set to

1,
reset them all to 0 and start again. Another column (or linked table)
could
tell you the personŽs day off(s). If such a person would be the

current
one
to send the mail to then set the flag=1 and start the procedure again

select the next person.

--
Viele Gruesse / Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Am 2 Nov 2006 06:29:34 -0800 schrieb :

I have a difficult problem to solve, hopefully someone here can

point
me in the right direction. I am pretty familiar with VBA in Access

and
used to use VB script, but don't know where to start.

I want to be able to automatically respond to a lead when it comes

in
to a sales inbox. I think I can set up a rule to do that, and also

use
a rule to do that during normal business hours?

The other thing I need to do is forward that lead to the first
salesperson on a distribution list, or Access Table, the next lead

the second salesperson, the third lead to the third salesperson etc.
until the end of the distribution list, then start over. I will

also
need to modify the distribution list to suit each salesperson's day
off. Somewhere around 100 - 150 leads needs to be handled in that
manner.

Is there a way to loop through a list and accomplish what I'm
describing?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Bob