Old November 16th 06, 10:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.powerpoint
C. Moya

Default Office 2007 Colors Scheme

I don't really think normal users care about the technical differences
between Ribbon and Non-ribbon apps. None of what Jensen said (and I've read
it before) explains why some Office 2007 apps on my desktop are BLUE and
others Silver.

Horrible, inconsistent, UI if you ask me. Just plain bad.

--
-C. Moya
www.cmoya.com
"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote in message
Bob didn't mean that your users should read the blog. He meant that you
should go to the blog and read about how Office picks the color scheme.
The short is that the non-Ribbon apps pick a color scheme automatically
based on what the Windows setting is while the Ribbon apps have a setting
you can change. That setting is in Options, Popular and is labeled "Color
Scheme".
To read the explanation of how the color scheme stuff works in 2007 and
when Office picks what, read these two blog posts:
http://blogs.msdn.com/jensenh/archiv...10/694577.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/jensenh/archiv...14/699304.aspx

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"C. Moya" wrote in message
:

I'm not going to tell all my users to visit a blog. This is UI 101. I
guess
they'll have to contend with an increasingly inconsistent and
headache-inducing UI... or not upgrade to Office 2007 at all.

--
-C. Moya
www.cmoya.com

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com
wrote
in message ...
Hi C.,

For the 2007 Office System, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, parts of Outlook
and
MS Access received the new 'Ribboned' interface. Those
apps use the 2007 Office theme for the Ribbon element and for their
'old
style' dialog boxes, they pickup the Windows color
settings.

For the apps that stayed with the 'traditional' menus, such as MS
Publisher 2007, the 'old rules' still apply as to what coloring
they follow. For backround and specifics on the User Interface changes
you may want to visit the Office UI team blog at
http://blogs.msdn.com/jensenh

"C. Moya" wrote in message
I use XP's Silver scheme. Why do some Office 2007 apps use a BLUE color
scheme while others like (Publisher) use the right scheme (XP Silver).
It
looks horrible and contrasts with everything. Why the disparity?!!!

-C. Moya
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP