Old November 9th 06, 03:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

Default .dbx corrupted files

"Rodrigo Santos" wrote in message

"Michael Santovec" wrote:

This program probably has the best chance of recovering any messages
from corrupted DBX files.

DBXpress - http://www.oehelp.com/DBXpress/Default.aspx

Thank´s man, it´s a great program but it didn´t work at all.
I noticed one thing, DBXpress just extract the messages form the dbx files
to a folder but when I use the program with the folders (the files) that
have
problems the DBXpress don´t extract anything it´s like the file didn´t had
messages in it and the user told me that the Outlook Express a little
after
the problem starts was showing a message about compacting the messages.
Do this has something relationed with the problem?

Are there any DBT files in the Store Folder?
The DBX files were apparently filled with zeroes, perhaps by an anti-virus
program set to scan email. No anti-virus should be set to scan email. It
provides not added protection at all over just having the regular anti-virus
real-time protection running in the background.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com