Old November 3rd 06, 01:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
[email protected]

Default Help with mail forward to different users (round robin)

Thanks for your response!

Could I write code in Outlook that would work with a rule? Ideally, I
would like the round robin to execute automatically when a lead arrives
in the inbox. The application is using Outlook pop mail.

Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
A rule can respond messages but for an action just during the business hours
youŽd have to code that yourself.

The round robin is easy with an Access table: Add a column to the table, a
value of 1 indicates that the mail is sent. If all entries are set to 1,
reset them all to 0 and start again. Another column (or linked table) could
tell you the personŽs day off(s). If such a person would be the current one
to send the mail to then set the flag=1 and start the procedure again to
select the next person.

--
Viele Gruesse / Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Am 2 Nov 2006 06:29:34 -0800 schrieb :

I have a difficult problem to solve, hopefully someone here can point
me in the right direction. I am pretty familiar with VBA in Access and
used to use VB script, but don't know where to start.

I want to be able to automatically respond to a lead when it comes in
to a sales inbox. I think I can set up a rule to do that, and also use
a rule to do that during normal business hours?

The other thing I need to do is forward that lead to the first
salesperson on a distribution list, or Access Table, the next lead to
the second salesperson, the third lead to the third salesperson etc.
until the end of the distribution list, then start over. I will also
need to modify the distribution list to suit each salesperson's day
off. Somewhere around 100 - 150 leads needs to be handled in that
manner.

Is there a way to loop through a list and accomplish what I'm
describing?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Bob