Old November 2nd 06, 08:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

Default Cannot add Outlook-specific information to the store

DubbleD wrote:

I export my Outlook 2002 calendar information from my desktop at work
to a flash drive and import the calendar on my desktop at home. And
vice-versa. It previously worked fine; now I get the error message,
"Cannot add outlook-specific information to the store". I am using
Outlook 2002 on both machines. Thank you for any help.

Avoid export and import whenever possible. Create a PST on the flash drive
and create a calendar folder in it. Open your main calendar, switch to a
table view like Events, select all the items with CTRL-A and click EditCopy
to Folder. Specify the calendar folder on the flas-hosted PST as the
destination. When the copy completes, close the PST on the flash drive with
right-clickClose. Close Outlook before removing the flash drive.

On the other PC, insert the flash drive, start Outlook, and open the PST on
the drive with FileOpenOutlook Data File. Copy the data from that
calendar to your main one. Close the flash PST and close Outlook before
removing the drive.
--
Brian Tillman